Wednesday, December 09, 2015

EVERYONE WANTS WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE...BUT WE JUST DON'T BELIEVE WE HAVE IT.

(OKAY....I'VE TRIED TO CORRECT THE TITLE MISWORDING A DOZEN TIMES.  IT WILL CORRECT FOR BLOG; BUT NOT FOR FACEBOOK.  SORRY FACEBOOKERS.)

Through personal misery and depression I have learned a huge secret over the long-haul that I know about every person.  It fooled me for the longest time.  Blow me over; but I never would have guessed it.  Regardless of stature, physique, accomplishment, or any other definitive personal accolade, every person is dealt a dark and blinding curse.

Each cannot see our own ideal-ality.  This would be why the perpetual anger, even illness, sets up shop among us.  We betray ourselves by comparing us to others' strengths....of which they can't see in themselves.  Whether pauper or saint, the standard holds true, every person obsesses with something inadequate about themselves....of which is often not true.

I am insecure.  If you are ever wondering, "If I have thinner thighs and shinier hair, will I be happier?" you just need to meet a group of models because they have the thinnest thighs and the shiniest hair and the coolest clothes and they're the most physically insecure people on the planet.
                                                                                                    Cameron Russell, Supermodel

I learned this from Jesus.  Every person carries on wars within the inner heart as to how we are not enough; even those we regard as most celebrated.   We.  Are.  All.  The. Same.  We hurt.  We are insecure.  We are fearful.  We exaggerate our own inadequacy.

I spent three hours with Charlton Heston.  He was the same as all of us.  Profound in an area or two while inwardly battling the demons of intimidation and uncertainty.  The same for Loretta Lynn as I spent days with her.  The list goes on.  We are all the same.

Everyone wants what we already have.  Each is unique.  Each is gifted.  Each is valuable.  Yet, we dismiss our beauty...as do the awesome supermodels...because we have a curse.  We are blind to the glory of God within and among us.

He didn't create junk.  You might have a better day if you would but believe you truly do possess an awe that encourages a world of others.  And if you would/could, you might find that those around you get to have a better day as well!



No comments: