Sunday, March 15, 2015

WHY WE STRUGGLE TO KEEP UP WITH OUR REMEMBERING

Have you noticed how hard it is to be able to recall what it was you meant to say or meant to do?

I feel certain there are accurate statistical studies to support what I wonder.  Living in the information age (Are we still there?) seems to be pounding my head with more content that ever!

And the problem isn't just with quantity.  It is with the when that this takes place.

The when is constant; like in always while awake?  Information comes at us faster than a thousand people can post a message on FB, Twitter, etc.  We find ourselves with plenty to do, as is, and then with the bombarding of notes, funny stories, and sad ones....we are trying to survive a glut of threads to our heads.

Now I'm not walking away from these terrific communication tools.  I love them and am benefited by them.  They are an answer to prayer as they help me to be in touch with more and more of the world. But what I am trying to do is to say no to more things so that I can get more done.

Distraction is a serious villain.  When one cannot focus upon matters at hand, people often suffer as a result.  We want to be attentive.  We must not pass by the hurting masses because we have a new app that explains how great our help can be.

Therefore, I direct your attention and mine to people.  I'm not writing a post this morning to say I wrote a post.  I'm connecting with the wonders of His creation; men and women.

Enjoy your life.  Enjoy His life.  Refrain from being sucked into the swirl of needing to know so much about so much that you can't remember who it is that needs your love today.

Just sayin'.


No comments: