Wednesday, February 25, 2015

GOING THROUGH LIFE CRIPPLED BY INSECURITY

People.

Do you ever think it is really hard to be people?

We surely do lead lives of paradoxicality.  On the one hand we are self-absorbed; perpetually weighing most matters with the grid of how this affects me.  And, then on the other hand, we hide in a room full of people just hoping we go undetected.  Bless me; but don't look at me.  Life is about me.  Yet, I don't want to draw attention to my insistent obsession.

Me first.  But don't see me.  I want what I want.  But I don't want you to notice me wanting what I want.  

I want to be used by God.  But I don't want to be vulnerably placed in a position where I might fail.  So, it will be best if I keep my dreams for the kingdom to myself. That way, no one gets hurt...and I am safe from criticism.

From the extremes of social status, and any other status, a multitude live in what I label as public hiding.  While these are present in body, they are not available for interaction because their number one mode is self-protection.  Supportive?  Yes, as long as one can get by with being in the game in center court; but have the body posture that we are really on the sidelines.

I get insecurity.

I am a lead professional in insecuritilistic combat.  Fear has been my mentor.  I have been obedient to his constant and threatening beckoning.  It took the Spirit of God to cause this jail cell door to fly open.  So, I understand many of you for we are all so similar.

Of course this is my opinion, but I think all people live in hiding.  Even the most outgoing must be in control of the corridors we travel for it is of utmost importance to never look caught off-guard nor unprepared. Thus, these tread the repeated road of personal security as we appear to have the world by the tail.  In reality we don't.  These merely make sure our walk has the appearance of out-going effectiveness.

Man is crippled by fear.  God is insistent on faith.  Faith will take us places.  Man is bored with going nowhere (Ironic, don't you think?).  God is not boring.  His trek is not boring.  And believe me when I say, He will take us places.

I cheer you on.  Do not continually pass the plate of opportunity to someone else because you feel inadequate.  No one is adequate.  Hear me say factually, NO ONE IS ADEQUATE.  Adequacy is a kingdom secret; a powerful glory of God.

Not that we are adequate to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God (II Cor. 3:5).

No comments: