Tuesday, July 15, 2014

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ME

THIRTY-SEVEN years ago today, Mary (along with 7 year old Wendy, 5 year old Dusty, and 4 year old Timmy) and I moved by a very small U-Haul from Quincy, IL. to Tulsa, OK.  We were young...and terrified.  Guilt-ridden for leaving a precious church, we had signed on for a new work.

Noel Wilson and I moved into our offices the very same day in 1977.  He was Memorial's new Education Director.  He saw me unpacking in the Preacher's office, looked me over head to toe and said, You're it? with obvious doubt.

My prayer in Quincy was, God, help me to reach the whole world.  I still pray that prayer.  I still watch for ways to reach.

It has been quite a ride.  I haven't loved every minute of it.  But I have been so blessed by the ups and downs of kingdom life.  I'm the luckiest man I ever met.  No one has been more blessed to get to watch, participate, and enjoy so many things breaking out for kingdom life.

Thank you to all who have dared to let me get to be a part of this work!

I am more excited today than ever!

No comments: