Wednesday, June 18, 2014

TRY NOT TO SNUB THE WONDER OF GOD IN US

The kingdom of God isn't built upon celebrity status.  It doesn't function because certain ones are intelligent enough to figure exactly how to get past the barriers. Neither do amounts of funds determine effectiveness.

God alone is our supply, power, and producer.  No other; not you, not me, not another.

We have such a thoughtless ability to smother gigantic possibility because we assume good things happen for others because they are who are they are.  This isn't true.  I can tell about the weirdest circumstances developing and hearers dismiss the story as that happens because he's Terry.  Not true.

Wonder happens because of God.  We are to believe in Him and His wonder.  He says that His wonder works in and through us.  When we don't believe Him, we snub His wonder residing within us.  Effectiveness isn't whether we are able; but whether we believe He is able.

In my early days of conversion I would hear fascinating stories from others of what God had done with and through them.  I immediately dismissed the information as something which happened because they were who they were...and I clearly was nothing like them.  Yet, I surely wished that I were.

It turned out that the God who worked from within them was the same God who would work within me if......if I would have the faith that He could do the job.  God operates from our faith.  He watches for the signal to move forward.  Faith is our work.

Fear tends to squash timid faith into wishful thinking.  Faith, on the other hand, decimates fear if given permission by us to take the plunge.

For so long I went through life friendly and enthused for the goings on of the wonderful church.  But I never felt a part of the happenings.  Yet, the Word promised that if we will do the simple things He asked, sow and water, indeed He will bring about the harvest.

A problem I had was that I wanted to plant today, harvest tomorrow.  Seed doesn't work that way.  Some seed sprouts in a week, some in a year, and some in a decade. When I don't see God working from me it is because I have planted nothing for Him to cause to sprout.

Yesterday a sweet 17 year old girl called me from Tennessee.  She had been struggling for years and is breaking through.  I first met her when her parents visited Memorial when she was eight years old.  I sensed her struggles even back then.  The last time I saw her was when she was 12.

I could hardly believe my ears.  It was so wonderful to hear her voice; all grown up and all.  She said she had kept the piece of paper that I gave her with my phone number on it when she was about 10 in case she ever felt discouraged.  She called....seven years later.

We snub the wonder of God in us when we sling an effort here and toss one there with expectation that we will see results at the next sunrise.  Kingdom life has much to do about farming.  It isn't just a matter that crops appear seasonally.  There is often the need to pull the stumps and clear the fields before planting even begins.

Do not be one of those who goes through life as I did; wishing I could get to do the stuff the successful Christians do.  Realize that we are all the same and it is the constant faith in God's working power that gives any of us hope.

Some will argue that we are not all the same; but that is from a base of unbelief.  Yes, while we are admittedly each unique, God operates with all in some way due to faith. Some will see 10-fold and others 5.  Yet, the message is that God will bless all efforts and He still does not want the one talent ones to bury theirs in fear that nothing much good would come about.

We must not snub the wonder of God in each of us in the name of false-humility.  We are free to imagine His working hand among us!  Let's go for it!






No comments: