Sunday, April 27, 2014

THE WAR OF THE MIND

If you are like me, you have significant discussions within yourself as to what you should do and how you should proceed.  Inner talk can prove to be either positive or negative; dependent upon which route we choose.

Self-talk is very real.  It is potent.  It is so potent that it can determine the mood and outcome of our day.  I know because I lived in the swirl of beating myself up with lectures....that others had started.  If someone said something negative about me, I could embellish the matter into enhanced depression.

Words must not be taken lightly.  They are the tool God used to create the world and everything in it.  Therefore, we must give this attention.  Parents make or break children by words used.  Bosses make or break companies because of things....said.

Gloom grows when words say so.  Hope, though, can arise by the very same means.

So the war of the mind is the receptivity of our words we use on ourselves.  Our words can be used to shield incoming word-mortars.  Our words can design hope in very rough terrain.  Our words are our secret weapon as self-talk is the incubator for both effectivity as well as productivity.

The war of the mind is the major component to the physical/spiritual person.  It isn't what we hear that shuts us down.  It is what we say to ourselves about what we hear that determines the outcome.

I know.  I suffered self-slaughter on many battle fields because my self-talk was my most bear-ish monster.  And it does no good to give myself an insincere, yet upbeat, tongue-lashing.  No, I must speak in the God-realm about His work, His glory, and His skill....within me....II Cor. 3:4-5.

Our personal capacity to succeed?  Nada.

His...in us?  Oh, yeah!

No comments: