Saturday, January 04, 2014

THE SECRET OF REACHING THE ENTIRE WORLD WITH THE GOOD NEWS OF JESUS

Evangelism.

Evangelism is a dirty ten-letter word to many in the church....and out.

That word is quickly linked to a few slick-talking television personalities.  Worse it is assumed that the in-your-face Bible thumpers represent outreach in its purest form. If the former or the latter work for you, may His power be upon you.

For me, as an assumed gospel preacher, reaching to souls who did not yet know God was a most torturous duty.  I felt inadequate to try and guilty for not.  Furthermore, I didn't know how.  I'd been thoroughly trained, understand; yet I didn't know how because the task was too heavy.

But I learned a secret.

I was being faked out by my self-assumption that I was searching for that interested needle in a disinterested haystack.  Just not true.

Here's what I believe and think I know.  Every person has a point or many where he or she comes to the brink of wondering about God; His legitimacy of existence and His earnestness in loving them personally. Whether lost in a sea of commoners or elevated by celebrity status, every person at some point(s) in their life encounters serious inner questions about the reality of God and His Kingdom.

Today I believe every person in my path is on a search for God....at some significant moment.  Their rummaging through church influence and religious clutter may serve either to distract or to effectively assist; but each is seeking.  I never meet a waitress or a doctor or one of fame but what I know something deeply true of each; they are insecure and already know (or one day will discover) that they cannot save themselves.

There was a long period of time where I was faked out by the loud, the obnoxious, the intimidating, and the influential.  No more.  These all land where the timid, the poor, and the hesitant eventually reside...in the grave.  All classes know this as fact. It might be the eleventh hour for some to reach such a stark and truthful conclusion. You can be assured they will get there.

So what you and I and all believers want to realize is that every person within our neighborly or Internet reach is subject to the fears of thinking about eternal life. They ALL want to know.

Our role is to do for them what others did for us.  We are to sow the seeds of the Kingdom.  We are to love, care, invite, and even endure their opposition toward us if such is the case.  Do not be fooled neither by anyone's disinterest nor rejection.

Jesus was winning even the enemies at the cross and such a reach (our reach) continues.

The secret of reaching the entire world with the good news of Jesus is....everyone born eventually wants to know.  Be there in word and deed.  Be there in vision.  Be there in friendship.  Be there.

Through you God will draw others.


No comments: