Thursday, January 23, 2014

I WENT TO BASEBALL CAMP...AND I REALLY DID WIN SOMETHING!

TEAM MVP TROPHY 2014
CARDINALS CAMP
JUPITER, FLORIDA




This would be the trophy I won at the Cardinals Baseball Camp in Florida a few days ago.

I was chosen because my aged and wimpy arm could still accurately throw the ball sixty-two feet.  It is sixty feet six inches to the plate.  My arc on the ball was reflective of St. Louis' arch.

Our team record was one and four so what did the manager have to lose?  After much begging, our manager reluctantly yielded to let me try so I would quit whining.

Too, the ball was so slow that it baffled the big macho hitters.  It was so slow that a breeze might blow it off course.  Batters swung and swung only to often dink the ball into the ground.

I didn't exactly wow them unless I possibly looked significantly striking in my uniform!  

Not only did I win the MVP Award for winning the game, but I was awarded the starting pitcher job against the former stars the next day.  

Ozzie Smith singled to left.  Tito Landrum grounded out to second.  Larry Walker grounded out to short.  And John Mabry grounded out to first.  

Four up.  Three down.  One hit.  No runs.  I said N-O  R-U-N-S !!  You are supposed to salute or something!!

I shut them out; not because I could throw hard, but because I threw so slowly it messed with their minds as well as their skills.  

Me?  How do I feel about this?

Well, good grief....just so happy not to win the NO WHERE TO GO BUT UP award that I have won...twice.  It feels good to win something neat like this trophy in spite of my obvious inability.

I baffled the hitters with my untalent.  I always knew I could if I just had the chance!!  Don't you love that?

Hmmm....power IS perfected in weakness....don't you think?  You and me, MVPs in the kingdom of God for the very same reason.  


No comments: