Tuesday, August 27, 2013

STAY PUT

The victory that overcomes the world is not human love, but Christian faith; it is not won by natural heart, but by the recreating cross.  Forsyth

Weariness seems to be a major player today.  I know I am worn down trying to track too many things from messages yet to be returned, to usual appointments, to full-blown crises.  No one in my circle is shirking their duty.  My plate appears to be as all of the others; really full.

I don't live overwhelmed very often; but of late the feeling is that I am failing.  If the door bell isn't ringing or the phone messages insisting calls be returned, the texts remind me, You are very much (sorry, had to take that call just now at 7:15 a.m....really) behind.

So what do we do when these times hit?  Complaint will do no good because some of you would tell me to go to the back of the line; you've been there for awhile.  Pouting won't help.  I tried that years ago and no one cared.

Victorious faith will.

We must move by faith.  Friends and neighbors may not understand; but then, they may not be flirting with discouragement at the moment.  Their turn has been or will come...again.  No, we must be brave enough to tell a screaming world to hold on; we are pedaling in your direction.

Faith that God can deliver is our concrete hope.  We receive problems too big to solve...on purpose...that He might show us who runs this Universe.  It isn't Congress.  It isn't the IRS.  It isn't the last two calls of emergency.  And it surely isn't me.

It is HIM.

May we lean upon Him for He first led the way via the cross.  That's where the victory is found.  Walk like a winner!

No comments: