Sunday, May 26, 2013

MY HAT IS OFF TO WAYNE MONROE

Memorial's 50th Reunion is history.  It was remarkable.

Of course seeing many from our past is usually pleasant.  I was not disappointed.

What made the entire weekend for me was Wayne Monroe; former preacher before me.

Wayne and I co-taught the class and then co-preached.  We had very briefly been around each other some 30+ years ago and didn't know each other well.  Our tandem thoughts were seamless.  I loved watching God in him.  He was steady.  He was stable.  And Wayne was humbly on target.

My hat is off to Wayne.  He didn't quit after being treated pretty roughly.  Instead he matured.  In his closing remarks for the morning he apologized.  He sent multiple letters of apology 36 years ago and never did the elders at that time respond. 

So three and a half decades later he spells it out once again that he didn't do everything right and expressed apology.  If anyone has been unclear, the slate was cleaned today.  Wayne did a classy job of speaking from the heart without fleshly edge.

It was a remarkable weekend.  I find I have a new friend....that I really like.

God knows how to work everything out for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. 

No comments: