Thursday, May 16, 2013

JUST HOW BIG OF A DEAL ARE WE?

I don't know about you.  I've always had a need to be big.  If I could have figured a way to be a Super-Star at something, I would have hurried.  It isn't that I didn't try.  I just couldn't reach the level of Rock Star at anything.

Still, I tend to think I am so important.  I should be heard.  Notice and accolades coming my way would seem fitting, I believe. 

However....

However, in God's scheme of things I find myself a bit overshadowed.  For one, how many millions drive down any major highway of any major city when I'm driving down the same lane, and few realize I AM THE ONE DRIVING MY CAR?  Hey you!  It's me.  Terry Rush.  Over here behind the wheel.  See me?

Nope.

Snubbed once again by other big-shot people who think their business, their family, and their time is more important. 

In the scheme of God's Kingdom Life, I'm pretty specky in importance.  Swat me like a gnat and the bulk of millions wouldn't miss me because they never knew I existed. 

So what shall I do?  Feel sorry for myself that fans aren't at every airport calling for a picture or an autograph? 

No. 

I'm to give God incredible glory for all of Life centers upon Him.  Removed from our own centering, God claims more and more of our hearts.  And we love Him for it.  Worship is totally about and for Him and not our long-sought good pleasure.  He often notes life in terms of centuries as well as  months and years.  Jesus is our heartbeat and his Spirit is our power. 

Just how big of a deal are we?  Paul marked himself as least.  He wasn't being pseudo-humble.  He was being theologically and accurately......and honestly so. 

And every bit like Paul, we matter.  We count.  We are important to God.  But He is the BIG DEAL in life.  Not us.  When such begins to truly dawn upon our hearts, we find life beginning to finally flourish.  And because of God, it will.

No comments: