Tuesday, April 23, 2013

GOING INTO ALL THE WORLD...THROUGH THE BACK DOOR

As soon as God reached me, I wanted to extend the invitation to others.  Being cowardly, my want to didn't take me very far.  Really, it took me mainly to guilt for I could not do it.

My heart thinks Soul Winning constantly.  I'm always studying the landscape of family, friends, and neighbors.  I wonder how to reach.  Thirty-six of my neighbors are named in prayer every night seeking God's introduction or intrusion into their walk.

For any reader who is hesitant as I once was, allow me to share a concept that might just be your ticket into going into all the world.  See the back door.

The back door I reference is none other than weakness.  Weakness wins.  Weakness is the very thing no one wants and all people have.  Weakness wins others who are weak.  Big-shotism doesn't win.  In-your- face evangelism works for many.  I tried it.  I didn't like the results.

The best tool in my arsenal is weakness.  Nearly everyone, regardless of social level, can and will open to another's weakness identity.  100% of people are mindful of personal flaws.  The cover-up may appear successful.  Yet, I know about everyone....each is mindful of glitch after glitch.

Therefore, I laugh much at myself as a method of signaling I know the truth about me; I'm a nobody.  Any we are reaching will never find themselves intimidated by nobodies.  This is the back door to a person's heart.  I approach many.  Always I will know they are the better.  Always. 

To the weak I became weak that I might win the weak....I Cor. 9:22.  Our people hesitate...or possibly refuse...to go into all the world for God.  Fear is understandable.  Yet, there is a back door and it works.

As we go, maybe if we went not knowing Bible things but knowing people hurt over their weaknesses we may discover a better way to win the world.

No comments: