Sunday, April 28, 2013

DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH US?

Ah.  I wouldn't know either exactly what's wrong with us.  I assume many things.  Too, I know convincingly and live robustly that there are many things right with us.  Truly.

So my title is a bit stern; if not egotistical.  However, I would believe it fair to raise a caution flag lest we let life slip away into the useless while we were all the while trying to live alive.  I would caution us against slipping into such a routine that we find vibrant thrilling life has become half-hearted and fundamentally unnoticed.

I was telling God the other day that I was really grateful I could drive a car, look out its windshield and notice how He does the beautiful Spring trees and flowers.  He is an artist every season...AND WE GET TO SEE IT!

My basic admonition to keep from dismissing the awe in our midst is to never grow cynical.  Peter Hiett says, We all want the new and wonderful, but the older we get, the more we know that new gets old.  So we get cynical.  We all want new, but we're all fearful of the new, because to get the new is to lose the old (that was new).

My word to all is to like right now; even love it.  If you have an ache or a pain, celebrate.  You evidently aren't a leper.  Prisoners would love to have my bad golf shots.  Prisoners would love to just drive the golf cart while I make bad shots.

You and me....we are abundantly blessed.  Keep the abundance in mind.  It seems to me that a basic answer to the question of what is wrong with us could be that possibly we don't keep very good track of what is right with us.

No comments: