Sunday, January 13, 2013

ATTENTION: WE NEED MORE QUITTERS

Without notice and if not careful, our lives will conclude as having been led by the collar in circular motion over things--many things--that really didn't matter.  One of Satan's greatest ploys is not laziness nor is it mediocrity.  It is the assumption we must be doing all we are doing for good people do all these things.

Not so.

Years ago I learned by health setback a most valuable lesson.  I will not let the calendar be my boss.  If illness and death can negate a calendar on any given day, why can't health and life?

Seth Godin wrote in The Dip ...if you're sold on being the best, but you've been frustrated in the route you're taking to get there, then you need to start doing some quitting.

Then you need to start doing some quitting?  What kind of advice is that for progress?

Excellent!  That's what kind of advice for progress that is!

From our good hearts we are tempted to be many things for many people....that we aren't.  The solution is there are many people who need to be called, need to be engaged, and would be great at doing what you and I are about to decline.

One of my challenges was in traveling to many destinations as a guest speaker.  I love people, the opportunity, and the messages.  My mind and body were cratering.  I learned to say no.

I learned to say no to many good things.  The result is a clear transformation into productivity that discovers we are bearing fruit even while we rest.

If you are frustrated over the many demands of life, I join alongside Godin to say, then you need to start doing some quitting.

No comments: