Saturday, January 26, 2013

BASEBALL IS IN THE AIR

I report from Jupiter Florida.  We are headed into day three of games; two today and one tomorrow.

Two things are taking place game-wise for this too old man; 1) I am 4 for 10 in batting which is raising strong positive comments from the Major Leaguers.  They suspicion I am juiced on Snickers or something, and 2) they try to hide me in right field, but it does little good.  I can't see the ball....on the ground or in the air,,,until it gets much closer to me.  When I hear a bat hit a ball I begin to look to see if any of my teammates are moving.  If so, it must not be at me.

Kingdom wise--and why I am here--God and I are all over this place.  Things are so different from my latter years in that I have learned to let things of God happen instead of trying to make them happen.  The "get out of the way" philosophy remains some of His best advice.

Finally, I want to say that the good news is I am not hurt.  I've done well.  However, I am sorer than I recall any other camp.  I've been on base more, running more, and right field is soooo far away.  My body is protesting big-time.  I'm not kidding, the most painful part of my morning before I board the bus has been trying to reach my toes to put on my socks. 

That hurts! 

When you have to back up and try again to get the sock OVER the toes?  Well....let's just say I'm headed to the trainer as soon as I get to the complex. 

No comments: