Monday, November 05, 2012

THE STORY

Memorial continues our trek through The Story.  God's ability clearly rises above people's best shot.

I'm glad we are moving through this study today and not ten years back.

If I had entered into its study a ways back, I believe I would have been critical because the story-line doesn't seem to emphasize the matters I controlled.  I would have missed its marvel by sheer blindness to my own lack.

Today, though, God has helped me to open to the truth that I am unspeakably shallow.  From that pit I find myself wowed by the over-arching provision, supply, and strength of God.  By this time in my life a few of my legalistic scales are beginning to peel away.

In other words, God has broken me from being a professional answer man to become an amateur seeker of His glory and handiwork.

The Story: an encouragement to seekers and probably a stumbling block to defenders of our small percentage of faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"THE STORY" Do you speak of just the wonderful Biblical story of our Lord, or is this another writing by a modern author?

Terry Rush said...

Dear one who didn't want to leave your name....

I speak of The Story by Lucado and Frazee which depicts with both insight and incredible inspiration the biblical story of God's presence; both historical and active.

This study has generated rich blessings throughout our congregation. Initially, I didn't know how this would fly; if it would fly.

However, our members are so inclined to abide by the Word anyway, that this approach has simply and wonderfully enhanced our faith in God and His remarkable approach to rescuing mankind.

Jason Thornton, Shon Kendall, and Shane Coffman have offered brilliant perspective which has given this routine concept additional life.

The study of The Story is fundamentally effective because it is simply The Story.

You can find more information by Googling "The Story" which is published by Zondervan.

I highly recommend it.