Wednesday, November 28, 2012

COULD THIS BE A MESSAGE FROM GOD?

To the highly committed and hyper-active bunch among us, I pull alongside of you to breathlessly say, Good morning!  I would assume all are reading this article on your way to somewhere or just getting back so you can enter back into the gotta get moving syndrome.

Ours is a hurried culture with a shrinking planet due to massive communicational tools at our immediate disposal.  We are in a perfect storm in great need of Jesus; the perfect storm calmer.

Humanity is on a pace of frantic self-explosion.  Frankly, it would seem we are too busy to die.

I believe the church is under attack due to the hurried pace.  It isn't that our people aren't willing to work and sacrifice.  It is that so many have so much going on is seems as if fatigue is on a very strong creep.  We are in deep need of what I thought once to be a dirty four-letter word, R-E-S-T. 

R-E-S-T is not a first cousin to L-A-Z-Y, so get over it.

I want to be a voice in your world that says you need to rest.  Of course, I'm not addressing the slothful.  You are the ant-farm laborers in the kingdom vineyard.

I have had to practice rest.  I'm fearful of learning Facebook for it seems yet another phone to ring or email to bing-bong.  How do you do it? 

So my word to elders and preachers and teachers and accountants and secretaries and bus drivers and mommas and doctors and......write this word of advice down somewhere and practice it before a mirror.  Learn to say, No.

Storms could be a swirl and Jesus would be found asleep only to awaken to tell the wind to bug off.  Calm down! seemed to suffice when he spoke.

When presented opportunities via request of your engagement, I believe we have a partner within (the Holy Spirit of God) that gives us a nudge which speaks clearly, Yes, I would like to be a part of that or No, I couldn't possibly work in another event on my calendar.  Then, my friend, say so.

Psalm 46:10 calls us to be still.  Jesus endorses relief from whirlwind paces by inviting us to come to him and R-E-S-T.

Could this be a much needed message from God just for you this morning?  I'm confident it is written specifically for some.

No comments: