Monday, July 16, 2012

WEEK OF 35 YEARS!

Yesterday was draining....in all  the good ways. 

Memorial Drive spent significant time honoring Mary and me for being here 35 years.  They gave us a plaque and a silver serving tray...only kidding.  They gave each of us words of meaning and a special gift.

The elders spent significant time during the assembly expressing appreciation.  Someone asked me if I thought it went too long.  Since it was about me....I didn't think so.

And then Wednesday night we are having a huge surprise party for us.  Take Me Out to the Ball Game will find a mininature baseball stadium set up with whiffle-ball game, tables in the outfield for hot dogs and  home-made ice cream, and then ticket holders everywhere.

Thank you, Memorial Drive, for a great day yesterday.  We look forward to the All-Star game Wednesday evening!

No comments: