Monday, May 14, 2012

DON'T LET THE NEGATIVES ROOST IN YOUR HEART

I've not done well in overall life with the negatives.  Other's and my own wear, no grind, on me.  Hurtful comments, blank stares, and sinful acts indeed put the strain in our walk.

We must learn to let it go.  If someone else or our own misstep, we must not allow these culprits to take us hostage.  These must not be given permission to roost in our hearts.

I fought this for a long, long time.  I either rehearsed the inflictions of others or beat upon myself for my sheer lack.  But....I would not drop either mentally, emotionally, or spiritually.  I drug the baggage---the every increasing baggage---with me day after day.  Bummer.

And then God taught me to focus on those items going right.  He did not ask for my denial of the difficult.  He insisted I think upon the good, the excellent, the lovely, etc. of Philippians 4:4-9.  Paul's words are life changers.....walk remodelers....for God's peace that passes understanding begins too roost in our hearts; not the negative junk.

A new world awaits all to be both explored and experienced.  It is a choice.  I say we go for it!

No comments: