Friday, January 27, 2012

LEGENDS CAMP....DAY 3

Regarding hitting I am now 0-3. Interpreted, that would mean I have not had a hit in three games. I barely touch the ball to foul it off.

Whereas yesterday I fielded each of eight opportunities flawlessly, not so much today. I didn't make one of my plays. And, as was true of me yesterday, when I made the final out to end the game...so be it today. Did I mention that of the twelve men on my team, I bat.....12th?

Although my play today was shameful, I did have five fans in the stands with signs and whistling and other benevolent attributes. Gerald Lovett from Memorial Drive was there as well as Phil and Shelley Crews of Longmont, CO. plus her parents.

Urgggh. However, not to fret, I made the other team smile many....many....many times!

But the kingdom stuff....ah, the real reason I am here....it is like the Maytag washer....it just keeps going and going and going. I am so appreciative of God.

You know I pray for eyes to see His moves day by day. At baseball camp it seems magnified while I am dealing with both the common and celebrities. Jesus gives the same answer to both...sheer and perfect reason to hope. My job is to watch for Him.

Today verified a significant breakthrough I began to notice yesterday. It pleases me very much. I feel that many of you are praying.

I was mindful of Jesus saying in John 5 that unless he saw the Father do it, he couldn't do anything. At first glance I thought Jesus meant he was staring at Father and if He moved to the lake, Jesus made same move.

From experience, I now believe Jesus meant that if he didn't see Father do it...nothing would be coming about in his ministry walk...Jesus was waiting on God to do the work. As was true for the Son, it is clearly similar with me and with all of us. If God doesn't do it...it won't be done.

This takes off the pressure to make things happen while, simultaneously, awakening us to prayer that God would be active among us.

This is what I wait on patiently in any part of ministry; God's activation. We are not called to manipulate nor to self-impose. We are called to believe Him.

Day 3....oh how very sore I am in body....and how elated I am in Spirit. I saw Him work today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This takes off the pressure to make things happen..." We so often confuse activity with action. Thanks you for the reminder.