Saturday, December 24, 2011

GENEROSITY ABOUNDS

'Tis the season for sure.

Sacrifice and devotion to those in need are quite abundant. Memorial's stage will be piled high in the morning with coats, gloves, socks, and scarves. It will be a cluttered wonder coupled with imagination for the brightness flashing across the faces of the homeless recipients tomorrow afternoon....Christmas Day.

Yesterday--here in Atlanta--my two boys and I went over to Dusty's church to pack bags of groceries, toiletries, and toys for homeless families who live in a nearby improvised hotel. These goods were donated by about three varying brands of churches; plus a couple of civic organizations.

Wouldn't it be something if this were to go year round? I thought to myself.

And then myself answered back, It does!

Where Jesus lives, generosity abounds because every day 'tis the season.

No comments: