Tuesday, October 18, 2011

WHAT IS GOING ON AMONG US?

I care not to sound as some sort of prophet for I know nothing about being such. I do have senses; sometimes well-trained and sometimes far off of the mark. So know that I know it. All right?

I watch the world's turbulence. Protests of violence and others of threat are global. World economies are falling like dominoes. Political debate and religious unrest grab one major headline after another. This world is surely upset.

It makes me wonder if a major shake-up is on its way. And if it is, will we have the church prepared? Is Christian faith about to be taxed with a persecution out of proportion to our preparation?

This sounds terribly gloomy. However, the Word has always been more serious about disciplines in Jesus than I would ever truly grasp.

Please don't take me as a negative worry-wort...unless I truly am. It could be my age. Whatever the reason, I keep wondering if we have our people prepared to faithfully and enduringly believe in Jesus during the very rough spots; the likes of what we have never yet seen nor heard.

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

You are not a worry-wort, unless I am too. I have had the same sense for a long time and have questioned my own preparedness. I pray that God bless all Christians, world over, with great courage and spirit so that we are able to show the world that Jesus Christ is our economy!

Anonymous said...

I'll be honest . . . I worry a tremendous deal about what is going on in this world, and I'm not so sure that I'm going to be able to handle it if things get really, really bad. :-(