Friday, September 16, 2011

THE ACUMENICAL MOVEMENT

I tell ya, slippery slopes are everywhere! They are everywhere! I particularly point the dagger at the nearly unconscious, yet man-made, Acumenical Movement which is strong among us.

The Acumenical Movement invites all faiths to join in like-mindedness the pursuit of God and His glory. The slipperiness of this direction is that just anyone can join these forces in the name of doing good deeds for God. Truthfully, though, this has disaster written all over it. The Acumenical Movement deceives, misleads, and ultimately blinds the strongest of the assumed faithful.

Specifically, the Acumenical Movement needs to be exposed for its subtle climate of playing upon the egos of men and women who hold their Bibles in one hand yet listen to the voices of human reason. The Acumenical Movement is geared to promote man's mind over what really matters.

Acumen: insight, sharpness, shrewdness, intelligence, wisdom, and all-around good judgment from the man-side of things have reduced God's promises to Bible class or small group "study material" without its designated power to change the world; our world. Man has become reliant upon his own acumen rather than God's.

Isaiah 55:8-9 has it in clear perspective when this text insists God's ways are always higher than our acumen. James 3:13-18 calls for us to function with wisdom from above rather than what the Acumenical Movement would lure from below.

Beware. False movements are everywhere. The Acumenical Movement is one deserving our utmost alertness.

(So five hours later I must add a P.S. Two have said to me they didn't know very much about the Acumenical Movement. There is no Acumenical Movement. There is an Ecumenical one! I simply did a play on words to emphasize the care we give to the acumen of men over the wisdom of God. Sorry for my confusing some. I still like the post! I guess I'll just enjoy it all by myself. It just goes to show me that I wasn't as Acumenical as I thought!)

1 comment:

Shelley Crews said...

I got it and I thought it was funny!! A great pun!!