Tuesday, August 23, 2011

TENSION

We have our good cholesterol. And then we have our bad cholesterol. So which is it? Both.

Tension is similar. We have our good tension and then we have our bad. Which is it? The same answer as cholesterol. Both.

The good tension is the stress and strain which disciplines us to become stronger in faith, in hope, and in love. It is the weight lifting of the useful and spiritual struggles in the workout gym of God's kingdom.

Bad tension robs the same stress and strain by replacing love with fear. Worry sets in which leads to control-effort which leads to aggravation which leads to poor spiritual health.

For the confident-in-Christ believer, tension is that experienced when all six strings of a guitar are loosened tightly so that ideal harmony exudes from the most attentive tune-up. Tension is not only a good thing; but a necessary part of a kingdom believer.

Be warned of the bad tension which serves as a distraction. Furthermore, be ultra careful not to label the good tension as bad. We need significant stress to play the music of God. We must not let the stress play us.

Wow! Well said, me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said indeed Mr. Rush! Much needed this today!

Brenda said...

I'm one of those people who find it difficult to find a balance in places of my life...such as this. Tension is not my friend. It causes tension headaches and then we've got a real battle! But, it causes other problems too when I let it rob me of the pure joy that God has given me. It's there. RIGHT THERE! That fear that you speak of.....I know it well. Thus, I have tension.
I have to work on finding that balance between the good and the bad.