Monday, July 04, 2011

SUBMISSION

Submission in line with Jesus is always the right way to go.  It takes a combination of courage and humility to walk in the path He forged.  Submission seems to become more novel in today's age of a self-serving society.

I don't like submission.  It sets me back from getting what I think I want.  Regardless of how many sets of elders I have had in any congregation, I always did my best to be obedient.  I've argued, debated, and spoken in opposition.  When the words settled, I knew my role.

I also knew God would bless submission.  Why does He bless?  Because He reads our hearts of faith.  He notes our disappointments as well as our underlying dreams.  When we submit we signal to Him we will wait....on Him.

Jesus became obedient to the point of death.  Regardless of our assumed amazing insights and opinions, the truth is we are to work in harmony with all.  Often this insists upon submission.  God runs the show.  Not you.  Not me.  Not us.  If any of us do...it's the wrong show.

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion.  Be bold in leadership.  Be outstanding in submission to those with whom you work side by side.  Within such is the secret blessings of God beginning to permeate our future.

No comments: