Thursday, June 09, 2011

LONG RANGE AND SHORT RANGE; TAKE AIM

Everyone we can think of is within our reach...everyone.  We must not short-sheet our capabilities to reach in all directions of the social scale.  Whether pauper or prince, we have the skill to launch a good evangelistic effort.

I encourage you to notice anyone who concerns you.  Note those who do noble work and others who are injured and still others who celebrate accomplishment.  Plant seed in all....the seed of the kingdom.  Write notes to the famous.  Buy coffee for the homeless.  Carry on a conversation with the attendant.  Plant.  Plant.  Plant.

The majority of those we cheer for whatever reason will be blessed.  I can't say all; but I believe the most will be.  And, I believe God uses our labors to bear fruit in His style.  I noted an amazing work of a famous Christian this week...whom I've never met.  I so loved his work I emailed him because I knew he was a person who could use the encouragement.  He emailed back the same day....with gratitude.

Everyone is in our scope.  Every President.  Every King.  Every CEO.  Every business person.  Every convict.  Every fearful, ailing, struggling individual.  We have hope to offer all.

I encourage you to keep opening your eyes to His power and riches and glory that is ours...Eph. 1:18ff.  Don't just be enamoured with some and compassionate for others.  Awaken to the fact that every person inhaling and exhaling are in need of connection to someone who is grateful for them. 

We know the Life.  We've met the Truth.  We've linked with the Way.  Rich or poor, haughty or humble, it matters not what the character of the target is.  All need to know someone cares.  Do not assume you are not capable of reaching them.  You are.  So....do it.  Long range and short range; take aim.

No comments: