Thursday, June 23, 2011

I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVED

God comes through.  He has a delivery service.  His grace and mercy overflow in liberal provisionary supply.  We love to watch Him work.  The challenge for us seems to be in waiting for Him to happen.

My direction is for you when you feel inwardly vacant and wonder where God has been in the past few days.  I have those.  I talk to Him and myself about it, too.  I don't feel comfortable when days line up with my own actions reportable; but nothing from the unexplainable and mysterious God.

I periodically pray for God to do something that can't be explained.  I tell Him I want to see Him do those things out of nothing (Rom. 4:17) that can only be attributed to His glory and grace.  The waiting is the task at hand....waiting and noting whether I believe Him while I am waiting.  I try to.  I had a breakthrough in the past few days and I share this with you to build your confidence in God where you roam. 

At Memorial our missions team allotted me funds for the Cardinal baseball camp in January minus $2000.  My job was to raise this much money.  I am a lousy fund raiser for myself.  Others?  Yes.  For me?  Not so much.

So I would tell God about it.  I would thank Him for taking care of something I knew little about.  Weeks later I would thank Him again.

Saturday I received a birthday card from a couple in OKC.  Included was a check for $1000 for my ministry.  I applied it to the Cardinal camp and shot off an email declaring what a relief this was.  I explained to them why.

Yesterday I received another email from them saying they were so happy to know where I was putting the $1000 that they will cover the other $1000.  This is one of those deals where I can hardly believe what I believed!  He is able beyond my imagination.

Isn't that an awesome place to be?  Isn't it just fascinating that we can go out on a faith-limb and discover He really is there?  So, I encourage you to do well in the waiting room for God is arranging the resources.  We are us.  We love the mountain top experiences.  Our job is to remember them when we are in the valleys waiting. 

You have and will encounter God's hand, too.  Maybe you, too, will hardly be able to believe what you believed.  Isn't that a wonderful way to live?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's comforting to know that lapse in communion with God seems to take place with others...I seem to have been in this state for a good while now and very often feel very inadequate when I do speak with Him. Though, I never cease to be thankful in knowing God is there and He sees and listens to my thoughts, however trivial they might be, and marvel at His presence all around.

I enjoy reading your blogs. Thank you.
Ev