Saturday, June 18, 2011

EXPECT DISCOVERY

Mapologists knew all about terrain limits until Columbus added a significant fact in 1492.  Thomas Edison hit upon a few things in his life that continues to bless all who visit my house.  Henry Ford surely impacted travel as well as Mr. Internet changed communication.

Who reading now would assume discovery has ceased, inventions are things of the past, and the Patent Office just as well close?  No one!

This is precisely how it is in the reading of God's love letter.  Discovery has been intense and truths yet to be unheavened (unearthed?) is immense.  We have just begun.  I pray to God often that He will teach me from His Word things no one has yet taught me or ideas no one has yet found. 

Two things are true about my potential in Him: (1) others have knowledge I haven't yet had the privilege of learning which will always be the case, and (2) God has things for us to know that no one has unheavened which will always be the case.

In some areas we may have lost our learning senses by rehearsing and rerehearsing the few things we know which have developed brain callouses.  We are not as sensitive to His well of Living Word which continually springs forth new life.

I encourage you to pray for discovery; what does He have for us that no one has found so far?  After praying I urge you to expect discovery.  God is not wearily out of ideas.  We haven't touched the hem of garment's life.

When I pray in this fashion I am tempted to do so cluelessly.  I couldn't fathom what He might say.  And, I do wonder if anything is left He would share.  Yet when we move forward expecting response, it is such a joy to realize He's still with us.

Ask.  Seek.  Knock.  There are enormous doors of information yet to be opened.

No comments: