Saturday, April 02, 2011

LEADERSHIP QUESTIONS

Leadership is a blessing or a curse dependent upon the one enacting the role.  A leader that leads blesses.  One that holds the position, yet will not lead, bottlenecks the works at hand.

I question my leadership.  I'm not down on myself, understand.  I just continually wonder how much of me stifles the church I adore and love.

Granted, I'm a nice guy to most.  Yet a question gnaws at my heart as to whether the church has sufficient and effective direction once we burst into our newly found freedom in Christ.  We are no longer under law other than that of Jesus.  He is the charge.  He is the path.  He is the authenticity of life.

Yet, I ask myself the question, Are we going anywhere? 

I sat beside a soldier on the plane yesterday.  His unit is soon heading back to Iraq for the final phase that U.S. military will completely pull out.  When I asked if Iraq was ready for this, he shrugged, I don't know.  So far, they are free but no leadership will step up.  I wonder if they will survive in their freedom because they seem lost.

I, for one, question my leadership skills.  This leading in the Spirit without putting fleshly concepts to it does not come easy for me.  So often I find myself "wanting a king" of sorts regarding our approach to kingdom business. 

God works.  That's what I want us to believe.  May He grant me the grace and the mercy to see where my vessel fits into His scheme.  Otherwise, I'll be wasting His love and efforts.

No comments: