Thursday, March 03, 2011

IS THE BACK OF HUMANITY ABOUT TO BE BROKEN?

I'm not a historian; but I like history.  Nor am I intelligent; yet I enjoy thinking about life.  I am interested in the welfare of mankind and the Holy God who created it.

The world-wide unrest is breath-taking.  Who can grasp it?  Who can understand its hopes or its sorrows?

Protests are causing a domino effect from nation to nation; even continent to continent.  War ships mix and maneuver as in a real-to-life board game.  Rising oil prices ripple from east to west.  The costs of commodities escalate which causes the price of services to increase.  The poor are getting poorer and we rich are in the beginning pangs of concern.

What are we to do about what I believe to be an approaching tsunami of alarm? 

I would not be one to know many of the answers.  Live backwards.  God's ways never line up with man's; He said in Isaiah.  Two ideas come to mind: (1) continue to hide in Jesus and (2) continue to give money away.  Both defy human logic of survival.  Human estimation would be to shore up for survival by hiding in a cave and hoard money for our own needs. 

Not so with God running the ship.  And....He is running it.  Therefore my proposal is to gain security by upping our trust in God.  I love living life in defiance of what earthly wisdom says.  With the economy looking unstable, this is the perfect time to increase our giving. 

Could it be that American Christians have coasted for several generations on acknowledging the Living God while sustaining themselves rather independently in and from a land of abundance? 

But right now, our greed and our high standard of living is (my opinion) approaching significant threat.  What will be our response?  We will become even better believers.  We will increase in our Christianity.

Let not one of us bury our head in fear.  Let not one man, woman, or child take a step backward.  Let us be reminded we stand on the Rock; not on yielding sand.  Let us believe in deed what we have said be believed in word. 

The back of humanity is carrying a heavy load.  It is significant and it is real.  And while we distract not from this truth we mostly remember His words; Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.

News will spread and rumors will intimidate.  Jesus has taken care of all of our concerns and dealt with all of our enemies and promised us a continuation of eternal life.

Don't forget it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid we've believed that only the first ten percent is God's and the rest is mine to use like I want....it's ALL His!

Jay