Monday, January 31, 2011

BASEBALL UPDATE: CAMP WRAP-UP

SPECIAL NOTE: TULSA IS WARNED OF POSSIBLE HISTORICAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION WITHIN THE NEXT FEW HOURS.  I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST SHOULD WE LOSE POWER.  I LOVE SNOW!

Baseball camp is over.  I will share random thoughts to a fascinating week.
  • God's grace is the only thing that makes our work produce.  I would talk to Him at night in the room, or on the bus, and even when playing on the field.  If I awakened in the night I would pray; thanking Him for His grace.  This morning I woke up and began praying for Him to do His thing in camp...and then realized I was home.
  • I don't know how I can be so fortunate to get to see the weirdest and most impossible scenarios become common and possible.  It is His grace....I just don't understand it.
  • I realized God has used these camps from the earliest years beginning in 1984 to transform me from a control-freak fraidy-cat to a confident-in-Christ missionary.
  • Teaching opportunities arose minute by minute.  I've never spent such a time...an easy time at that...telling the players about how Jesus identifies with us so perfectly.  I wish you could have seen the eyes I saw as I told about him.  Lights came on for some and tears formed in others.
  • Here's what they want to know; how does Jesus fit from Monday to Saturday?  That's what I got to tell them.
  • Finally, I am the luckiest man I ever met.  God has allowed me the most precious gift of seeing people and then being able to make quick connection with most.  I don't know how He gets done all He gets done among us....but I know from study that God has His heart set on working among us.  Our goal is to stay out of the way so that He can!

2 comments:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

The wonder working power of God working through a simple game called: Baseball!

You represent kingdom work and kingdom people so very well!

Liz Moore said...

I love the way you so freely allow God to use you in every situation! We could all learn a lot by watching the way God works through people who will allow Him to do so!