Friday, November 19, 2010

GOD

What about God?

Don't you get it?  I write as if I know stuff.  I don't.  I love God and you.  Therefore, I say stuff.

As I first drive through the Tulsa streets early each morning, I pray for many things expressing thanksgiving and seeking vision.  I talk with Him in apology for so many of us ripping up and down the highways without a thought toward Him.  I pray for those at the bus stops and others at the gas stations, telling God I hope they acknowledge His presence and provision today.

I hope God is blessed by His creation.  Do you ever wonder if the trees, oceans, and mountain ranges give Him more praise than humans?  Do we who believe in Him do a sufficient job of communicating to God our depth and width and height and breadth of complete awe over him?  Do we do these things or do we recite grocery lists of needs and "please be withs"?

I must grow in worshipping God instead of seeing that I do worship right.  One goal is actually God while the other could become merely form.

In all of my writings and reachings and wantings and needings, I simply must be careful to carry a fire for the indescribable God and His over-arching love which is truly yearned for from every heart....one day. 

May we be about God.  May we promote God.  May we visibly get the privilege of laying our eyes upon His beauty.

1 comment:

Kingdomsaint said...

Indeed - and our obedience and transformation, which is our spiritual worship, will indeed bring glory to Him.

I think too many are becoming diplomats instead of ambassadors. That will indeed hinder worship since He esteems those who tremble at His word, (Isa 66:2-5) not those who like to air their own opinion. :-)