Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WHEN YOU DON'T LIKE HOW THINGS ARE GOING

While all can use this article, I specifically write to the very young leaders.  Many things will take place in the church that you won't like.  What shall you do?  Move?  Fight?  Quit?  I think not.

I don't know how I knew to do it, but I saw at an early age the need to keep my mouth shut and learn.  I studied what wasn't working for I knew the day would come when things changed.  I lived in pain on several occasions; even then realizing I was in an important class studying church leadership from the trenches.

Anybody can work with a church when things are going great guns.  What God seems to look for are men and women who will take the icon of the cross seriously...things won't go our way.

Don't be discouraged when the seas are rough.  Rather learn to walk on them.  Choose to capitalize on their educational value.  You are designed for effective leadership.  Sometimes your best days will feel like your worst.  Fret not.  He still oversees His work. 

1 comment:

Erin E. McEndree said...

"I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw." Sometime it is better to learn by observing and not by experiencing. There are less consequences that way, too.