Tuesday, April 27, 2010

JUST A MONEY MANAGEMENT IDEA

I know how it is trying to make the month and the money match; especially if you have children still at home.  I developed a simple idea when my kids were small.  It occurs to me some of you might like the idea.

Let's say for easy calculation's sake you give $100 per week to the church.  The annual amount would then come to $5200.  I determined I needed to hit seven weeks where I didn't give a check to the church.  Seven from fifty-two leaves forty-five weeks of check writing.  But I still want to remain faithful to the $5200 commitment.  I divided $5200 by 45 (weeks) and the amount I would write my check for each of those weeks would be $115.55. 

By raising my contribution $15.55 each of those forty-five weeks I would have seven FREE SPACE weeks.  Four of those would be applied to the four times car insurance came due.  The other three would be applied family vacations.

I've done this now for about 30 years and all I can say is...it works for me!

No comments: