Friday, April 02, 2010

FAILURE: YOURS, MINE, AND OURS

We have a very big problem. It is us!

While ambitions run high and desire to do well runs deep, we constantly bump and bruise one another.

Disappointing others, to me, is much tougher than being disappointed. Ah, and I've had so much practice.

My old life was one of pouting, not speaking, or maybe both. I was my own ferocious and unforgiving enemy. I could not drop it...I would not drop it. The rewind button was forever at my disposal so "Play the sorry tape again, Terry" would be obliged.

But forgiveness came along. Forgiveness, just in case you wondered, is an ideal fit for failure; yours, mine, and ours. It has an elasticity which is remarkably ideal. Marriages are saved by it. Churches recover with it. And, friendships survive because of it.

Forgiveness is the Jesus-word that sabatoges failure. It sinks the titanical press to refuse to drop all charges; yours, mine, and ours.

The next time you catch yourself enraptured in the process of worshipping God, be sure to thank Him for that replacement word....for you, me, and us.

No comments: