Friday, February 05, 2010

LIKE KIDS SHOPPING IN A CANDY STORE

How would you describe what it is like being in the church? I would say it is like being a kid in the candy store. That wouldn't have been the case in my earlier ministry days. My earlier days would have lined up more like a lawyer/judge. And it isn't fun condemning the whole world for their many obvious errors (being oblivious to my own). Being in the church was a burden.

Not the case today!

What changed? I quit obsessing over getting the church right and became enamoured with Jesus getting me right. His righteousness is so much better than my meritorial efforts.

Today I enjoy God. I enjoy watching Him work, watching Him provide, and watching Him keep His promises. Every day is a Birthday Party opening gifts from God. Yes, deep matters burden my heart. True, some days are weighty. Yet, God has such an immeasurable presence that I cannot go long without being "surprised" by His talent and skill.

God is quick! He knows how to get things done. I don't. I want to influence the whole world for good...even those yet to be born. I want to impact those born in 2017; or all future dates. And what do I do to get it done (because I will get it done)? Relax. Enjoy the fireworks. God builds the candy store. We get to walk through to pick this and this and that and that. We can have it all.....and we do!

Let's go shopping.....again!

1 comment:

msh group said...

thanks