Friday, February 26, 2010

CRUELTY AT ITS HIGHEST

I doubt most would carry a burden I do. Not that mine is superior in any way, but there is a sight unique to my work which undoes me every time. My stomach does flips. I speak of driving by a funeral home. It is even hard for me to write this and not cry.

I speak not from lack of confidence in His resurrection power. I am as certain as you that such is reality. I speak from the anguish of heartbreak that takes place in such institutions; mommas being torn from child, child being ripped from a momma.

The wailing...oh the unbearable hours of holding others while they wail. Mouths go silent. Tears stream. Hearts crumble to the floor.

While this isn't my usual morning pep talk, in a strong way it is. Don't waste your day by missing the treasures of the moment while planning for an significant encounter with job, family, or pleasure six months from now. When you get there enjoy it, too. And do prepare for such an event well....but do not fail to note the wonder of it all at the present.

I've been in death situations where I felt my lungs could not hold up any longer. Grief is a devastating desert. The pain of it insists we lean upon the strength of God for no man or woman can endure. So we do....we do move about as normal as possible. Yet because we are acutely aware of the temporary we will not forget to say "I love you" more.....whenever now happens to be right now.

I love you.

No comments: