Thursday, January 07, 2010

MY UTMOST RESPECT

I sat in on a gathering today that was astounding. I was at our Preacher's Luncheon held this month at Garnett. It is just so wonderfully different nowadays compared to my earlier years of such assemblies.

There we over two dozen in attendance. At times I would sit silently and just scan the room of its remarkable power. Some to my left were Tracy Ellis, Wayne Pope, the new guy on the block Johnny Hinton, Greg Taylor, and across the way was Joel Osteen Osburn. And then on around included Mitch Wilburn, Judge Morris, Mark Crain, Bob Herdon and a bunch of others including my own teammates. All these are truly heroes of mine.

I could not help but note how humble these guys are. Don't you know Wilburn and Herndon and crew could go on and on about some work of faith they have engaged in? Yet, no bragging. No ugly innuendo about another or of someone not present. But more, the discussion was so focused on the poor in Tulsa and what we should consider.

It was a great time of food, share and prayer. It was a time to be glad for right now. I was. I am.

I was really blessed to sit in such a room. I have such admiration...such respect for these guys and gals. I doubt they know it to the extent I feel it. I started to say something about them during the gathering...but I had already talked. I should have told them, though.

While we each could tell of places we've been and people we know, today I was in a great room with royalty. What I like about me.....is I knew it! For me...around these guys....the grass is greener right where we are.....together.

1 comment:

Vasca said...

In my thinking, it's wonderful that such a group gets together and shares ideas, offer suggestions for what? Helping others, making a difference and it works. Sadly, I know a pulpit minister who never, ever participates in such 'get togethers'...doesn't write, etc. You men are blest to have this great opportunity to rub off on each other. You are mentor's of His kind. Thanks for sharing...how great it would be if more preachers would do likewise! Sharing is a wonderful way to grow in Him.