Friday, December 04, 2009

TAKING JESUS TO YOUR NEIGHBOR

I hear the phrase from time to time about taking Jesus to the world or taking him to our neighbor. How is that done? If you were going to take Jesus any place, how would you take him?

I would think various answers would be acceptable. Here would be my take.

I want to take him to all regions. How do I share? I don't give them a lecture or invite them to church. I want to communicate life....no Life. My hope is they pick up on refreshing news about their walk.

I see God in them; even if they see or feel nothing but failure and decay. I communicate I see possibility and hope in the very center of their existence. All such individuals need to know there is hope of life coming from them. I see, in their feeling of nothingness, something and, in their deadness, life....Romans 4:17.

I see in these the goodness they cannot see in themselves. Jesus is the one who resurrects the dead and my role is to resurrect self-doubters into God-believers. I get the privilege of believing in those who long lost any ability to believe in themselves.

When we take Jesus to the world one of the things we do is implant the concept of potential and possibility when such ears have never encountered such hope words. When I take Jesus to anyone, what I am really doing is introducing them to a new world of wonder which they can count as their very own.

No comments: