Wednesday, December 09, 2009

BIGGEST LOSER PHENOMENA

I never watched The Biggest Loser until this season because Sean Algier would be one of the contestants. What a television phenomena. What a life-changer.

I didn't get the show at first. Really, I didn't like it for I felt it was degrading and mean. But the transformation of these people was addictive to watch. Congrats to local guy, Danny, who won it all! He lost over half of himself! Amazing!

What I like about the program is it serves as a visual for what we do as Christians. We introduce them to Jesus and he helps them discard all the baggage. What happens is the literal metamorphism from caterpillar to butterfly experience. We help old people become new.

We help the tired and the weary find new energy. We train them to be new just as we are new. Living in the kingdom doesn't get old....it gets wild with wonder!

The Biggest Loser regards weight loss. To me? It means moving from lost (loser) to saved (gainer). It was Jesus who said the way to be the biggest gainer is to become the biggest loser.

When that happens.....watch out.....a new you is now on the scene!

No comments: