Monday, October 05, 2009

ZOE CONFERENCE....I'VE BEEN THERE!

Many from Memorial have attended the ZOE Group for years. I've heard such great things about it that I skipped my annual Catalyst Conference in Atlanta to be a part of this Nashville experience. It was superb!

My friend Greg Taylor is a part of the brains and heart behind this event...and what a great job he does. He's the perfect personality for this gathering. The worship was awesome. The keynotes were revealing of God's greater heart. And, the riches will never leave me.

Frank Viola was the big-deal speaker and he was wowed by our singing. He begged us to adopt him....and we did. Of course Randy Harris and Mike Cope were stellar and Jeff Walling is always going to be one of our main men.

I walked away with so many special blessings; too many to list. But hearing Sally Gary speak of same sex attractions was really special as I want to help minister to such a special people. And then Teresa Newsome was a complete joy to watch as she signed for the deaf. What a glory she is!

I hope God lets me go back next year. And....I hope you consider making the trip. It is the perfect break after an intense summer of service and travel.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pleasure to have the Memorial crew come--14! I am so glad you were there, Terry, so I could razz you a little from stage. Now that's a joy! Seriously, it was very meaningful that you came to ZOE over the razzamatazz of Catalyst! Wow! We didn't have camels on stage or do body velcro or free whoopie cushions for every seat or anything like Catalyst but we did so some really cool communion time and all the speakers you listed and so much fun hanging out and letting God work on our hearts together. You are a good friend and brother and I love your heart. Let's get together and talk more about some of those ideas!

Brenda said...

Terry I am so happy you came with us this year. What an amazing time we had together. I'm sorry you couldn't stay long! LOL!
I hope you will continue to come back and not continue to be encouraged, but to be an encouragement to other. You are God's light and He shines through you everywhere you go. And that was very evident this weekend. Thank you for being you. Thank you for blessing me. And thank you for taking 15 minutes out of your schedule for me:o)
Love you!

Stoogelover said...

I have feasted at ZOE conferences over the years, but I think the earlier ones were by far the best.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the last-minute offer of allowing me to tag along. It was spirit-changing. And thank you for being my security blanket, for shielding me from the "Crazy 8" and letting me hog you.

Shane Coffman said...

Wait a minute. Am I part of the "Crazy 8"?

Terry Rush said...

Shane,

I think Lita said it. So--yup--I guess you would be one!

Unknown said...

If the shoe fits.......

Drew Battistelli said...

It was truly a "building of the body" weekend and that's why I think it was the best. Maybe the singing was the grandest or the loudest... maybe sitting at tables wasn't the easiest way to see the speakers- but sharing & discussing with brothers/sisters in Christ... WOW! Feeding the Spirit & Discerning the Word as God's Spirit-filled people- WHEW!

Yep, I am truly glad the ZOE community is becoming so much more holistic in it's nature.. not just about how we can do worship, but actually doing worship- and doing our best to let God re-image the church through us, his humble, sometimes confused, but hopefully always trusting & obeying servants!