Tuesday, October 06, 2009

WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

Kingdom life is always in full bloom. It is alive. It is fantastic. It is full of unphysical terrain that the eye cannot envision and the foot cannot maneuver. Sometimes life in the kingdom is so rich we don't know how to read it; we don't know what to do.

I'm in that mode at present. I'm uncertain about some of our directions. What do we do when we don't know what to do? Great question, Terry!

What we do is believe. We believe God knows both what and how. He knows what is needed and how to get it done. This would be called assurance.

What we do is believe. We believe everything is perfectly all right before we ever arrive at the understanding we think we need. We can be sure everything is okay. This gives us room to enjoy any process rather than fret. Everything is handled....everything.

What we do is believe. We believe His ways are higher than ours; His understanding is richer than ours. Therefore we relax on a dime. We are free to discuss, debate, and deliberate. Simultaneously, we are free from worry. Anxiety has no place in our faith walk. Security does.

What we do is believe that if God can send a complete son through virgin channels and later raise that same dead son from a stone grave....He must be able to handle our lesser challenges.

I would say that when we don't know what to do we can be sure He does...and nothing about Him has atrophied.

2 comments:

Randy Mitchell said...

Thanks Terry. I really needed this article this week. I have some things going on in my family and I was stressing over them instead of turning them over to God. I believe Romans 8:28, but sometimes I don't live like it.

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

Outstanding, but startling. It hit me smack in the face and brought me back to my senses of what is and isn't important. Thank you for such a powerful remedy to my life!