Saturday, October 17, 2009

WHEN PEACE DOESN'T RULE

People live in rugged terrain. In-laws. Neighbors. Co-horts. Spouses. Opportunity to run the boat aground in difficulty lurks at every bend in river.

I know of nothing that distracts the heart like upset. Our minds rehearse our worst-case moments. We ping what she said and pong what I said only to ping and pong endlessly...else we start a new game.

Harmony isn't about evening any score nor getting satisfaction. Unity and peace is chosing to drop the injuries. Toss them to the wind.

I've offended as well as have been offended. I would guess the assaults would be pretty equal. Therefore, my walk with God and people could be perpetually neurotic....except for His style.

The merciful God has taught me to drop both issues. Let things go and quit getting them back out to thumb through the photos. Drop them. Think about bigger things which really matter...even toward the person whom I've hurt or who has hurt me. Think a lot about the goodness and loveliness of each. It is there to behold.

Colossians 3:12-15....I just used this passage as I performed the wedding of a young couple. He is 90 and she is five years his junior. When peace doesn't rule it is not up to both parties to get matters settled for such to arise. It is up to you to rest your restless mind, think on the good life....and begin to walk down that path.

No comments: