Saturday, October 24, 2009

SURPRISE!

Be encouraged. God works. Things work out. They don't work out in a tie. They work out for the best.

Be encouraged. I live surprised. I expect to be surprised.

I had one set of grandparents who were poor. The other set appeared rich by comparison, but they were most likely poor as well. Every time the latter pair went on a little jaunt to visit one of the relatives, my brother and I could always count on them bringing us a surprise. Sometimes it was 25 cents worth of toy soldiers in a small bag. Another time it might be cheap hats from a tour of a paint factory. I knew one thing when they got back they would have a surprise for us.

I was never surprised that they had something for me. I knew it would be coming. The surprise was, What would it be this time?

I live expectantly surprised while working alongside God. I know it's coming from God; I just don't know what it will be. He is generous with gifts. We sow seed....forget about it due to working on the latest and greatest project...and surprise! God has responded to something we did years if not decades ago with enormous fruit; conversions or restorations or reconciliations or breakthroughs. You name it. God surprises us right on target!

Be encouraged. God's ways are higher than ours....all the time....every day. We will assert ourselves responsibly and then the Book says He will do more than we could imagine or think.

Don't be surprised that living in the church is one big wonderful constant.....SURPRISE!

No comments: