Wednesday, October 28, 2009

LIFE: WASTE NOT ONE CRUMB

Everything is a Yes...you surely know that is a rock-solid statement found in II Cor. 1:18-20.

So yesterday I had a bit of health screening done. It was already scheduled, but since I've been feeling lousy it seemed to be perfect (maybe Yes) timing. I won't get the bulk of the results for another three weeks. But five results from blood work were immediate.

I did great on four....but the last one placed me in the worst of three possibilities for that category...high risk heart disease was the statement on the report card. So what do I do with that?

I do with that what I do with everything. Everything will be okay. Well, you might be sick. Maybe...and in that case God may have doctors and nurses out there just waiting to run into one of His kids.

Yeah, but you might die. Oh. Well in that case I'll just ignore the report? Nah. I will deal with this regardless of light weight or heavy. But I will be watching for God to work His wonderful "yes" material into the fabric. The opportunities are endless.

Even while waiting for the tests, I was sitting with strangers who were awaiting the call of their names. So I made new friends. The local sheriff was among them.

I first inquired how long they had lived in our neighborhood only to ask a follow-up of, Have you ever visited my church? They inquired as to its location with a response of no. And then I came back with, How in the world have you let that happen? All laughed....but I see it as more. I see it as a seed embedded without them knowing such. One day it may sprout from the waters of tears due to crisis......or it may sprout because it is Easter Sunday.

I do think, too, that when I returned from behind the thin screen from my first test only to join all my new friends in the waiting area (as all were called back and forth for the next test) that when I announced the nurses at the first station had just declared me to be one hunk of man.....this evidently lifted the spirits of the somber room! Laughter broke out. Why? I wondered.)

Either way, I had a Yes event going on before I got the results. It will continue so because this is the nature of God. He doesn't waste one crumb of our life....so why should we?

Besides...I got an email from Mark McGwire this morning....so I would say I am having another good day!

4 comments:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

This post was an antibiotic to my day. Looking at the negative sometimes becomes the norm. However, you took what appeared to be so complex into something so simple as saying God can and God will.

If you want, you can give Mark McGwire my e-mail address, too!!!!!

Brian

Josh Linton said...

Thanks for sharing this...

Stoogelover said...

Good stuff, Terry. I guess Mark has lost my email address as I've not heard from him! When you see him, ask him to drop me an email. He doesn't know me from Adam, but you can introduce us.

Heather said...

You are so faithful with the crumbiest of moments - I love that about you.
How I learn and grow - thank you.