Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DISTRACTED OR WHAT?

Some days don't line out right. It started years ago when I was a kid. In fifth grade I was a little sleepy I guess as I brushed my teeth with Minit Rub. I can still see my eyes leave my head and bounce off of the mirror only to slam back into my skull as if they were connected by rubber bands. But really, I had fresh breath much longer than normal.

Then there was the time when in grade school that I pulled the ice tray from the freezer compartment. It had that smoke-like steam rising so I told my brother to put his tongue on it to see what might happen. Well.....I might ought to tell you a lot happened!

Years ago we got a new-fangled copier in the church office. I was standing beside it for the longest time when the secretary finally inquired as to what it was I was doing. I was doing what the copier said....standing-by. And....I was serious.

You can see how it is I would put the snow chains on the rear end of a front-wheel drive car.

I guess one of my stranger moments was just last week when I was in the break room. I set the micro-wave on 30 seconds and pushed "start" while I held in my hand the coffee to be warmed. It doesn't work that way.

Distracted...or what? Ah, it's just good to find reason to laugh at ourselves on occasion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And you tease me about cough drops!! I think you have surpassed me in the distracted department my friend!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Rush, how about losing my keys once...in the refrigerator?! Or uncooked ramen noodles that burst into some serious flames after [literally] only a few seconds under the broiler to "toast"?

The good Lord's provided tons-o-laughs out of those two distractions alone.