Saturday, September 12, 2009

EYES TO SEE. HEARTS TO TRY.

Don't underestimate the possibilities before us. Impossible things work out; not all, but certainly many. That has always been a theme of God. Our responsibility is to see and then to act upon our vision.

Not everything works...but get this...more things will work if we will try than if we don't.

Remember the NFL star Lyle Alzedo? He died years back at a young age. When he was dying I was trying to reach him. I worked my way to acquiring his home phone number and then the person who gave it to me wouldn't permit me to use it. That was a strange development but this one got cold feet at the last minute. I respected his request. But I hurt in wishing I could just see if God's good news would possibly be welcome.

Remember when Michael Landon was dying? A friend connected to the Cardinals asked me if I would reach to Mr. Landon, although he was ill, if she could arrange a meeting. I agreed. We made it through all kinds of road blocks. Then, basically at the front door (so to speak), we were denied access.

I get all of reasons why we were held at bay in both of these cases. Yet, God can work through others and I trust He did just that.

What I want you to get is to see and try. Don't see and then deny by non-effort. Jackie Gleason was dying and we succeeded in reaching him. A few months back I wrote Jack Nicholson regarding faith. I've never heard from him and that is neither the issue nor the goal. In him I see a lonely man who may have the seed of God cracking open with him. I've written Larry King with the same concept.

We see our neighbors and we watch eagerly for good ways to reach them. But those in the publick eye seem to be avoided with our poor case of hopelessness. See....and then try. Michael Jackson said twenty years ago no one wanted to be his good friend. We must figure ways to see...and then be better friends to those nearby and then those we would have otherwise deemed unreachable.

I charge you. See with your eyes and take action. Just try. Keep sowing that seed. God is working. Society is depressed; thus truly struggling. We have the treasure they want; they need. Don't look at people with a dismissive shrug as if there is nothing in our power to do any good. Yes there is. It is the seed of God. See the possibilities....and then sow it!

Some may have noticed I misspelled public with a k. I would rather wish you notice that everywhere we turn are people quietly wishing they had a Savior. If they only knew!

2 comments:

James Riley said...

I also noticed you misspelled "mispelled". I can't help it! But now every misspelling I notice will be a reminder of all the people around me who need God and His life! Thanks Terry.

Terry Rush said...

James...you got me! I can't seem to catch a break!

Maybe I can correct it later.

Love you, my firend.