Saturday, July 11, 2009

WOULDN'T YOU KNOW...I'M NEOLOGISTIC!!!

Tracy Kouns pointed out a discovery this week....about me. I'm neologistic as I continually create new words. It's just one of those things I do because my vocabulary lacks and I need additional descriptive words....for any situation. So, I make them up on the fly and often they sound authentic and usually are ironically understandable.

However, when one looks at the definition of a neologist, an explanation seems to unfold.

ne·ol·o·gism
Pronunciation:
\nē-ˈä-lə-ˌji-zəm\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
French néologisme, from ne- + log- + -isme -ism
Date:
1803
1 : a new word, usage, or expression 2 : a meaningless word coined by a psychotic
— ne·ol·o·gis·tic
\-ˌä-lə-ˈjis-tik\ adjective

Did you by chance catch the second definition? I did....immediately. I think this explains a lot about my inventableistic mind. It's scramblistic which explains my thirst for neolistic approaches to simplistic or emptifusional moments.

Now I get it!

3 comments:

jackie chesnutt said...

And all this time I thought you were simply vocabularianistic - just goes to show what I know!

Brenda said...

Well....I think you are one of the funnest, neologistic, psychotic people I know! :o)

Christi Bloomer said...

Hilarious! We just knew there was a special adjective just for you out there!!