Sunday, July 19, 2009

PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW GOD

Don't forget as you pass through your casual or ritual of the week that you are encountering dozens and dozens of community-ites who want to know God...and don't. They don't know how to say so, and many of us don't know they are looking.

Sue Burns, the 58 year old major stock-holder of the San Francisco Giants died this weekend after discovery a week ago she had cancer. Lives are sometimes brief and death, as we know, can rush in without notice.

Keep an eye out for all in your range; cashiers, dental assistants, one holding the door, repairmen, lawn caretakers, etc. Everyone thinks about God, I'm convinced. I began looking for Him two or three years before someone found me. Life is about life and death. We can make a difference.

I sat Thursday night at a wedding rehearsal dinner. One young couple detached from their friends across the room found themselves stuck at my table. They were a handsome couple. I asked where they were from. Tulsa. How long they had been married? Two years. Had they ever visited my church? No. Then I ask, How have you let that happen....that you've been married two years and have yet to visit us? I'll be watching for them.

Everywhere you go, everyone you meet.....wonders about God. Say some little seed thing which will go in deeper than what you might imagine.

1 comment:

Brian's Bibilcial Minute said...

My morning ritual is to read your blog, then go to FoxNews.com, and then get on the St. Louis Cardinals website to read the latest news...all in that order. Tomorrow (Tuesday), I am going to change it up a bit. I am going to find someone before ever getting to my office and on the computer to see if they already know God or want to know God or have they witness God in action or, or, or. Thanks for a challenging post!