Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A BIBLE CLASS PAID OFF

We are learning not to worry. I've been team teaching with Shon Kendall and Jeff Gentry regarding the power of Jesus easing our stresses. The class title is jesus.calm. How fun.

Sunday our theme was Reactions Count. Emphasis of Jesus being steady and stable during pressing moments led us to consider improving our reactions.

So today I was presented a test. I was on Southwest Airlines flying to Phoenix on my way to Portland. During the flight we had the usual drink and snack opportunity. I ordered coffee. I love airplane coffee. I can't explain it....I just do. It's better than ground (get it) coffee.

So we were flying along and I accidentally tipped my cup into my lap. My nice slacks were immediately a soaking mess. But hey, I've been to jesus.calm. I couldn't do a thing to change the situation. The lady sitting beside me was looking away and out the window. There I sat in my self-made puddle.

Later the lady looked my way and saw the obvious. I said, Ah, I've had too much coffee.

I let her worry about it; not me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry!

See. You and I are becoming much more alike! I did the same thing in the car on my way back from Colorado. After the initial yell, because I just knew I was severely burned, I told myself to be calm (I learned it from your class!) and I realized I would not have to go to the hospital or anything. I was OK.
My pants weren't, but I was!

I just LOVE your class.
Does this mean we are going to have to go through MORE tests?

Sara